Tuesday, October 4, 2011

These are a few of my favorite things (while pregnant with 2)









I'm sitting here waiting for photos to be uploaded from this last weekend and feeling these babies kick and move like crazy. I thought I would journal some of the things that ensure my pregnancy with multiples is the best it can be.

Item #1-The best book that I have read thus far on multiples and having a healthy pregnancy. My friend Lindsey just had twins over the summer and has gladly let me borrow this book. This book focuses a lot on nutrition and the right balance of food so that you can have healthy weighing babies. This being said brings me to...

Item #2-Thus far, I have unfortunately only gained 4 lbs. By 18 weeks with multiples the goal weight gain is a little over 20 lbs. By 20 weeks you should have a weight gain of 25 lbs. As soon as we heard this, we ran to Costco to get these Ensure drinks. Containing 350 calories of pure vitamins and healthy fats. I have trouble drinking these because they are so sweet, but I am willing to do anything.

Item #3- My friend Magen introduced me to. Amazon moms is great at finding deals on baby gear, diapers, wipes formula etc. And a lot of times shipping is free and you get it in 2 days.
Let's face it, we need double the gear and want to get it all by Christmas. The dr's are saying to have all the necessities ready by the first of February.

Item#4 & #5- Nights have been a lot more comfy with this pillow and Tempur Pedic mattress topper. My hips, back, tummy (i guess everything) is thanking me.

Item #6- I ordered this tummy cradle last week and will be wearing it the second it arrives on my doorstep.

Item #7 & #8- Burt's Bees Mama Bee oil and lotion. My skin thanks me every time I put this on. I have avoided stretch marks with both of my previous pregnancies. Here's to hoping these items will help me with these twins and all of their growing and stretching.

No comments: