Wednesday, May 5, 2010

2 part post.




This past wedding weekend, Tommy and I found ourselves reminiscing about our own wedding 6 years ago.
Inside the temple we were reminded of some of the wise words that Tommy's Grandfather shared with us at our own ceremony. It was a lovely "brush up" of what marriage is all about.
It seems sometimes like T and I have been married for a long time, but really 6 years is nothing. We are still learning and growing from each other everyday.
And we have an eternity to continue to do so.
We have really been striving to "live in the moment" and enjoy our lives and adventures now.
Yes we have future goals and long term plans but rarely will you hear us say "maybe 10 years from now" or "when the kids get older".
Now is where we want to be, and we want to be here together.

The second part of this post also has to do with our wedding.
We often laugh at how bad we are (and were) at taking pics of ourselves.
We always have the camera out for the kids, or other family.
I remember back a few years ago when blogs didn't exist, and cameras weren't attached to phones or small enough to fit in a purse and you can only imagine the kind of picture stash I have of T and I pre-marriage, or earlier on (let's just say it's scarce).
So now that I am both blogging (for journal sake) and have more accessible cameras, I would like to make a quick post about our 6 year anniversary activities.


T and I both got dressed up and headed out to Mr. A's, a french restaurant with an amazing view.
We dined on lobster bisque, spinach salad,prime beef short ribs, lobster pasta, chocolate fondont and butterscotch french toast with roasted pineapple. YUM!
We ate and enjoyed as slow as possible.
You can see in the picture above the city in the distance and the ocean. After sunset was absolutely beautiful!

I am so thankful for the 6 years that we have had together.
I'm thankful for weddings of our siblings and friends and the small reminders of our own "special day" and the promises we made to each other.
And I'm thankful for blogs, journals, cameras etc. that help us document these occasions,
so we can look back at good times, bad times and everything inbetween.

1 comment:

Rosemary said...

I enjoyed reading your post! :) SWEET