Tuesday, January 23, 2018

sick days and dinosaurs





This single parent thing is no joke. Luckily, A is almost 11 and is a great babysitter. He has his own cell phone and can stay home with kids when I need him to. 
W called me from school yesterday, his little voice cracking on the other end.
"Mom, I don't feel good".
I could tell he was down for the count so I grabbed my coat and headed to the school. 
When I picked him up, his little cheeks were bright red and he was leaning weakly on the office counter. 
He spent the rest of the day alternating throwing up for sleep and his energy was gone. 
The twins had a late practice so I gratefully left W with A and headed to basketball. 
It was a busy night seeing about a sick kid, showers and bedtime but we made it. 
As I climbed into bed that night, I was so thankful for the ages my kids are at. All independent when I need them to be, but they still need me for necessities. 
W is doing better this morning. He has taken it easy and hopefully is on the mend. 




No comments: