Thursday, July 8, 2010

Awesome trip!

Tommy sent me on a "no kid trip" this last week, and I had an amazing time.
My youngest sister Alexa was getting baptized, so I took the opportunity to stretch my trip into 4 days and 5 nights of non-stop fun!
I missed all 3 of my boys so much, but it was such a great getaway.

Getting ready to eat
Sweet pork salad- 'nuff said!
Dad enjoying his omelette
Breakfast of champions
Wow Shantel, you have great balancing skills!
Alexa and Sharielle
Alexa with the parentals
I love Alexa's face ha ha ha
Oldest sister, youngest sister. We are almost 18 years apart

Arrived late, at 12:30 A.M. Friday
Friday my sis and I ventured to the gym for an advanced core aerobics class. Let's just say that we were definitely feelin' it the next day.
You can't go to Provo without taking a trip to the B.Y.U. bookstore. I was able to get a few things for T and the boys. After our campus stop we headed to the one and only COSTA VIDA!
I was soooo looking forward to this lunch. They don't have that restaurant in California, and after living in Colorado for 2 years and them being everywhere there, I had a big time craving for it. It had been over a year since I had eaten there. YUM-O!
After lunch we headed to Lehi to spend the rest of the day with family there. I am so thankful that I got to visit my grandpa.
After his house we headed down the street to my aunt Judy's house. I got to see my cousins Lacey, Shaylee and Tyson (and Tyson's cute puppy, Jeter).
We had so much fun visiting the whole afternoon. We laughed and shared stories and had a yummy Olive Garden dinner. I always love seeing my "Lehi family". I love them so much and enjoy every minute I'm with them!
On our way back to my sisters apartment that night, we stopped to get some ice cream.
Let's just say we laughed and talked too late-around 1:45. That would have been fine on any other Friday night, but we had made a plan to get up and leave Provo by 4:00 A.M. so that we could be in Wyoming by 7 to take my dad to breakfast.
At 3:30 our alarm clocks went off, and after a redbull, blasting tons of music and singing at the top of our lungs, we made it to our destination. We literally pulled into Ihop at 7:00 on the dot!
Breakfast was great and it was good catching up with our dad.
Then we headed to the gym for a quick workout, then home to see everyone.
My other sister Sharielle, my brother Jameson and I were able to go to the matinee of Eclipse Saturday afternoon. We looooved it! So fun!
After the movie, I was able to go with my dad to buy fireworks and run some errands for the next day.
Saturday night was full of us watching crazy/silly YOUTUBE videos all night. We always seem to do that when we are together.
Sunday was the baptism and church (and of course the 4th of July).
Shantel, Sharielle and I were asked by Alexa to sing at her baptism and it went so well.
The baptism was so nice and Alexa looked so beautiful! Congrats Alexa!
After the baptism everyone came back to our house for a big bbq, and more visiting with friends and family.
We then drove over to the nearby elementary school where we enjoyed fireworks, and did a few of our own.
After most cleared out my siblings and I played Wii and watched a movie.
Monday morning we hauled tables and chairs back to the church (leftover from the baptism) then went on a small hike/walk all together.
It was soon time to head back to Utah because my flight left Tuesday morning at 6.
When I got to San Diego, my plane arrived in the commuter terminal because it was a small plane.
I walked off of the plane and across the tarmac and as the doors opened I saw my 3 boys waiting for me with a "welcome home" sign!
I was so happy to be home, and had a wonderful, wonderful trip!

No comments: