Tuesday, May 15, 2007

My first Mother's Day!


Well, this year was my first official Mother's Day. It's still seems a little weird that I'm actually a mom, but it gets to be more and more real every day. It started out to be a relaxing morning. We don't have church until 12:30, so I enjoyed sleeping in.
A few weeks ago, I took Ashton to the Dr. because he had been congested-especially at night. After she assured me that he wasn't sick, and that it could be because of the weather changes, I was off to the store to buy a humidifier and some nose drops. After a few days of using them, Ashton seemed back to his old self...or so I thought. Sunday he woke up again pretty congested and frustrated by his little nose. I optimistically got both of us ready for church anyways, hoping that despite his nose, he would be o.k. to go. After a while he still wasn't content, and I decided that sitting out in the church hallway with a crying, congested baby probably wouldn't be fun. So we decided to stay home and after a long nap, Ashton woke up happier.
He and Tommy surprised me with a really cute card and my favorite peanut butter M&M's. My day ended with a yummy Japanese curry dinner, and a movie. Thank you Tommy and Ashton for such a wonderful day!!

No comments: